Re: XWin.exe: _XSERVTransSocketUNIXAccept: accept() failed

Jon TURNEY wrote:

> I've applied fix to address this, so hopefully this works better now. I've
> uploaded a snapshot at [1]. Perhaps you could try that out and see if that
> makes a difference?
>
> [1] ftp://cygwin.com/pub/cygwinx/XWin.20120218-git-c3b936a38812f88b.exe.bz2

Thank you. With that snapshot of XWin.exe, the same problem (thousands
of logfile entries per second as in the subject) disappears for me.

It also disappears for me with XWin.exe from xorg-server-1.11.4-3 when
I start it from bash instead of using an Explorer shortcut.

Both approaches also solve the other problem I experienced: XWin
didn't accept remote X clients connecting through an SSH tunnel
(ssh -Y ...) anymore.

In my case these problems appeared after an update from xorg-server
1.11.3-1 to 1.11.4-3. Unlike "cygwin at sipxx.com"'s observation, XWin
continued to run for for me for minutes (and could be stopped
regularly).

Best regards, Horst

Forschungszentrum Juelich GmbH
52425 Juelich