Re: most recent xfig-3.2.5b-2 broken.

On 2/27/2012 4:01 PM, George Barrick wrote:
Subj: most recent xfig-3.5.2b-2 broken.

2012.02.27.15:00:43 UT

Hi George,
probably octave is just the victim of Avast I suspect that
your antivirus is screwing up cygwin in general.
Probably it tries to inject a dll in the dll chain

does "D:\Program Files\AlwilSoftware\Avast\snxhk.dll" exist ?

Regards
Marco

Hi Marco,

      Yes. The file exists, but it is in the sub-directory
Avast5 of the AlwilSoftware directory.  Apparently their
installer does not make everything perfect when it upgrades
from a previous version.

       Should I then rip out both cygwin and the antivirus,
then run a re-install of antivirus first, then the cygwin?
Forgive me, install and re-install pretty much summarizes
my suite of computing skills.  When all that I have is a
hammer, everything looks to me like a "hammer" kind of
job.

George gbarrick_at_walsh_dot_edu

I see no reason to re-install cygwin. It is purely a Avast problem