Xwin.exe always take about 50% CPU load on Windows 7 with XDCMP connection

Hi,

Iâm using Xwin.exe (version 5. Feb 2012, X.org servers â 1.11.4-3) on my Windows 7 system. When connecting with XDCMP (using startxdcmp.bat, with %RUN% XWin -query %REMOTE_HOST% -once -lesspointer -clipboard -emulate3buttons), after connect, the CPU load is about 50%. Even when nothing is done (only the CDE desktop is running, nothing else).

On another Windows 7 system, also connecting with XDCMP to the same server, same CDE, the CPU load is not that high. The version of XWin is one of 5. Feb 2009.

The XCDMP server is a Solaris 10 system, using Solaris classic CDE (not the Java Desktop environment). The high CPU load did not happen when the CDE waits for the logon screen, but happens as soon as login was completed.

Regards,
Kees

BTW. Just when I was writing this email I decided to check (again) for a newer version, and there was oneâ Moving to X.org servers 1.11.4-5 seems to solve this issue â. However, I did not find any release note telling that this problem was solvedâ.