Re: Linking Errors related to X11

On 3/21/2012 6:19 PM, Tom Szczesny wrote:
I am attempting to port the aplus-fsf-4.22 package (available at
www.aplusdev.org) to cygwin,
and I'm getting linking errors related to X11.

I can build the package successfully on Gentoo Linux.

The build on cygwin fails at   /aplus-fsf-4.22/src/main/aplus-main.c
with many error messages related to X11, such as
     undefined reference to '_XWarpPointer'.

The Makefile.in contains the lines:
    X_INCLUDES = @X_INCLUDES@
    X_LIBS = @X_LIBS@

which got translated (in the Makefile) to:
    X_INCLUDES = -I
    X_LIBS = -L -lX11

While this works when building in Gentoo Linux, it does not appear to
be correct for cygwin.
What is the correct specification when building the package in cygwin?

Try these:

X_INCLUDES = /usr/include
X_LIBS = -L /usr/include -lX11

You can also override the faulty configure script values and point
directly at these paths with the -x-includes and -x-libraries
flags.

I didn't test these settings so you may need to experiment a little.
But essentially you can find the paths you're looking for by checking
out the contents on the libX11-devel package, which you should
already have.

-- Larry