Re: Linking Errors related to X11

On Thu, Mar 22, 2012 at 01:55:04PM -0400, Tom Szczesny wrote:
>This question was answered in the cygwin list, but the proposed
>solutions did not work.
>Someone on the list suggested that I send the question to
>cygwin-xfree, so I did.
>
>When I delete the -I and the -L and try:
>    X_INCLUDES =
>    X_LIBS = /usr/include -lX11
>I get:

When I said to "just delete" I meant to delete them from your
original example.

It should be:

X_INCLUDES =
X_LIBS = -lX11

But, again, even if you get this to link, if you are still playing
around with things like ioctl definitions this is not going to work.
And, sorry to be blunt but if your level of understanding about this
does not include comprehension of what /usr/include is then it is
unlikely that you are going to be successful here.