Re: Cannot launch ssh from X11 system tray icon

On 23/03/2012 17:56, Craig wrote:

> debug1: Sending command: xterm
>       0 [main] ssh 2184 select_stuff::wait: WaitForMultipleObjects failed
> debug1: channel 0: free: client-session, nchannels 1
> select: Permission denied

> So can anyone tell me why I get the select / waitForMultipleObjects error?

This error is coming from inside the select() emulation in the cygwin DLL itself.

I've no idea why this is failing, and apparently only when an ancestor is the
X server.  You might want to ask about this on the main cygwin list, it might
get the attention of someone with more insight.

One thing to consider trying is that it might be something to do with the
environment inherited by processes started directly from the start menu,
rather than something specific to the X server, i.e. try starting your test
script directly from a start menu shortcut in a similar way to the X server is
started...

--
Jon TURNEY
Volunteer Cygwin/X X Server maintainer