Initial xemacs iconization (was Re: Taskbar appearance changes between xorg-server 11 series and 12.0 series)

In the end, I was able to address my xemacs initial window appearance
under cygwin xfree in this way:

1) First, xemacs does not handle -iconic or the iconized resource
   properly. I found it best not to set them.

2) The command line -name argument will override all the X resources,
   so if not really what I wanted (I'd have to create a whole new
   set of settings -- might be useful for some users or under other
   circumstances).

3) The window name / title argument was what I ended up using, thus:
   xemacs -T xemacs

Since the default class name for xemacs windows is emacs, I can match
all windows in .XWinrc using emacs, and thus minimize them all using:

STYLES { emacs MINIMIZE }

If I want to minimize just the one window created in (3) above, I can
write:

STYLES { xemacs MINIMIZE }

It's all logical in its own idiosyncratic way, I suppose ... Eliot