Re: Taskbar appearance changes between xorg-server 11 series and 12.0 series (more)

On 4/17/2012 7:51 AM, Jon TURNEY wrote:
On 11/04/2012 11:39, Eliot Moss wrote:

I'm still not entirely sure what process in running in this window you
complain of.  Can you be say what the title and contents of this window are?

Thank you for following up, Jon!

The title of the window in question is StartXWin.
It has no perceivable content - I cannot de-iconize it.
Its only real evidence on the screen is the task bar icon.

I'm also not sure if this problem is related to he X server at all.  Can you
try creating a shortcut which runs the following command, for example, and see
if the bash window is always successfully hidden?

C:\cygwin\bin\run.exe /usr/bin/bash.exe -l -c "sleep 10"

I see no window (well, it flashes for a brief moment) and no icon. The bash runs -- I can see it in the task manager, and then it goes away after the appointed 10 seconds.

My StartXWin shortcut has:

Shortcut panel:
target: C:\cygwin\bin\run.exe /bin/bash -l -c "/bin/startxwin -- -unixkill -clipboard -multimonitors -resize -engine 1 -emulate3buttons 100 -wm -auth /home/Eliot/.Xauthority"
Start in: C:\cygwin\bin
Shortcut key: none
Run: Normal window
Comment: blank
Advanced...: Run as admin not checked

General panel: nothing interesting

Compatibility panel: nothing checked

Security panel: nothing adjusted

Other panels have nothing adjustable

This is starting to look like some kind of race as xorg-server is starting ..

Regards -- Eliot