Re: Taskbar appearance changes between xorg-server 11 series and 12.0 series (more)

On 4/18/2012 4:13 AM, Eliot Moss wrote:
On 4/17/2012 7:51 AM, Jon TURNEY wrote:
On 11/04/2012 11:39, Eliot Moss wrote:

Thank you for following up, Jon!

The title of the window in question is StartXWin.
It has no perceivable content - I cannot de-iconize it.
Its only real evidence on the screen is the task bar icon.

I'm not sure whether I've passed on the sequence of things that happens in terms of what is visible:

1) As StartXWin starts, the screen flashes briefly, a common
artifact of run.exe.

2) Then the icon is *not* visible.

3) xorg-server starts and displays its icon, and the StartXWin icon
appears.  I am not sure whether there is a perceivable ordering
here.  I'll perhaps try it a few times to see.

This suggests that it is something about xorg-server starting and
trying to decide which icons to display.  IIRC, the StartXWin icon
appears before my xterm icons do, but then STartXWin is already
running, and the xterms get fired off by the .startxwinrc file.

Best -- Eliot