Re: Taskbar appearance changes between xorg-server 11 series and 12.0 series (more)

On 4/19/2012 6:01 AM, Eliot Moss wrote:
On 4/18/2012 4:13 AM, Eliot Moss wrote:
On 4/17/2012 7:51 AM, Jon TURNEY wrote:
On 11/04/2012 11:39, Eliot Moss wrote:

1) As StartXWin starts, the screen flashes briefly, a common
artifact of run.exe.

2) Then the icon is *not* visible.

3) xorg-server starts and displays its icon, and the StartXWin icon
appears. I am not sure whether there is a perceivable ordering
here. I'll perhaps try it a few times to see.

I tried some more: The StartXWin and xorg-server icons come up simultaneously as far as my eye perceives. xterm and xemacs icons, for jobs started by startxwin, come up later.

Once those things finish that StartXwin started, the StartXWin
icon remains, *until* I right click the xorg-server icon to
get its menu -- then the StartXWin icon goes away (presumably
xorg-server is just then perceiving the termination of StartXWin).

In hope that these various details are helpful in narrowing down
the location in the code that may be at issue -- Eliot