Taskbar buttons for remote xterms do not appear

Hi,

I upgraded Cygwin/X to XWin "1.12.1-1 built 2012-05-02"
and now I'm seeing an annoying problem when starting
remote xterm windows: the taskbar button for the xterm
window does not appear until I give it focus.

1. I start XWin.exe via a desktop shortcut to this
   command line:
???D:\Devel\Cygwin\bin\run.exe /usr/bin/bash.exe \
     -l -c /usr/bin/startxwin.exe

2. My ~/.startxwinrc has these lines:
???xhost +
???nohup xterm -font 10x20 -e /bin/bash \
     -l > /dev/null 2>&1 &

which opens a single xterm, after which I then "ssh
remote-server" and set DISPLAY back to my PC and
execute a shell script which starts 36 xterms on
remote-server. (Yes, I start 36 separate xterms,
all carefully positioned to display back to the
4 monitors on my PC.)

The problem is: even though the xterm windows appear
fine, none of the taskbar buttons appear until I
give the xterm window focus.

I was using xorg-server-1.10.0-1 and did not have this
problem until setup.exe upgraded me to 1.12.1.

This is WinXP 32-bit/SP3 running 4 monitors w/FirePro
2450 and w/UltraMon-3.1.0 and w/TaskbarShuffle-2.5 and
TweakUI "Activation follows mouse (X-Mouse)" checked.
All taskbar buttons used to appear just fine with this
setup, the only thing that has changed is Cygwin.

Is this a bug or a configuration issue?
Could someone help me understand how to fix this?

FWIW, I've searched the mailing lists and found this:

[ANNOUNCEMENT] Updated: xorg-server-1.12.0-2
* The _NET_WM_STATE_SKIP_TASKBAR hint is now
  implemented in multiwindow mode

Since I'm using multi-window mode and since these are
network based xterms coming into XWin.exe, and the taskbar
button is not automatically showing with the xterm window,
could this be my problem?

I have no ~/.XWinrc and made no changes to the standard
/etc/X11/system.XWinrc, so perhaps a simple ~/.XWinrc
configuration can fix this?

[I'm still a X11 noob and don't know much about
configuring X; please be gentle.]

Thanks,

David