XWin crashes with "Fatal server error" when starting SYBYL 8.1 over SSH

Hello,

In our lab, we use Cygwin to run SYBYL 8.1. SYBYL does not run locally,
we instead forward the X server of the remote machine where it is
installed over SSH. This used to work fine until a few weeks ago, though
I am embarassed to say I can't pinpoint the exact time when it stopped
working.

SYBYL usually opens two windows, a main window and a (graphical)
terminal. When the first (main) window pops up, XWin crashes with the
following error:

    Fatal server error
    Package version: 1.12.1-1 built 2012-05-02
    X was called with: X :0 -multiwindow

An full Cygwin update didn't rectify the problem, and IIRC it's not
possible to downgrade packages in Cygwin.

The corresponding /var/log/xwin/XWin.0.log is found on my
dropbox [1], as the list's spam filter won't let me post this mail
otherwise. The output of cygcheck -s -v -r is there, too [2]. If I
should post those files elsewhere for persistence, just let me know. I
tried following the advice on [3], to no avail.

Regards,
Patrice

[1] http://dl.dropbox.com/u/26784238/XWin.0.log

[2] http://dl.dropbox.com/u/26784238/cygcheck.out