"xterm -si" doesn't hold the line

Hi,

xterm -si doesn't work as expected.

To reproduce (think of a "tail -f" instead of xev):

1. xterm -si -e /bin/xev
2. move the mouse in the xev window to produce some lines
3. scroll the xterm up half way and remember the visible lines
4. while looking at the xterm, again move the mouse in the xev window

You see: xterm scrolls slowly down.

I would expect xterm to hold the current view while xev produces more lines at the end.

Suppose you have a "tail -f" running and scroll the xterm up to view a specific line.
I would expect that line to stay visible until I scroll somewhere else.
But it's not: as the "tail -f" produces output, the xterm scrolls slowly down.
To clarify: xterm does not scroll down to the very end but it scrolls down line by line,
as if xterm would try to keep the same distance between the current scrolling position and the most recent line.

I would expect xterm to keep the same distance between the current scrolling position and the *FIRST* line.

In case above behaviour is the desired behaviour, I wanted to suggest another command line option like "-si-top"
for my use case.

Regards,
  Paul