Re: xserver compile err

On Thu, Sep 27, 2012 at 5:38 AM, Jon TURNEY <jon.turney@dronecode.org.uk> wrote:
> On 27/09/2012 01:13, J. Offerman wrote:
>> I'm trying to compile 1.12.4 now.
> This is a failure building the unit tests

That's right. I didn't notice XWin.exe was compiled successfully.

> I'd guess you need to ./configure with --disable-unit-tests, or add a patch to
> link them with libglapi which provides that symbol.

Thanks. Let me try disabling the unit test option.

> I'm slightly curious to know if there is something wrong with the X server
> binary package I produce, since you always seem to want to build your own?

Nothing is wrong with your binaries and I'm grateful to you for
maintaining this wonderful thing called Cygwin X server. I just have a
few things about it that do not go well with my taste. But I'm not
foolish enough to say that the rest of the world should adapt to my
taste, so I keep them to myself and end up applying my own patch
everytime I build it. I think I've been doing this since Tears For
Fears tried to rule the world from your country. It used to be more
files, now it's only one file, winwndproc.c. I'm delighted the world
is catching up with me. :)