X connections reset on PC sleep

Sorry, Iâm sure this is a known issue, but I canât seem to locate any description of the problem in the FAQ, docs, or mailing list archives.

The problem is that when my PC sleeps, my X connections get reset with

xterm: fatal IO error 104 (Connection reset by peer) or KillClient on X server âsomehost:0â

although the Cygwin/X server (Ver. 1.13.1) is still running. Iâve enabled logging, but I donât see anything at all in the log file.

Is there some configuration to stop Cygwin/X from doing this? Itâs extremely inconvenient to have to recreate all my windows if I happen to step away from the system for a while. Iâm running the X clients under a Ubuntu VM (VMware Player), in case that is significant.

Thanks in advance for your advice!

Ray