RE: Conflicted Win7

Conflicted Win7

On 3/22/2013 3:59 PM, McBroom, Robert C wrote:
> A new Windows 7 32 system with a fresh install of CYGWIN can't see any
> mapped network or shared drives on my other systems. On the older XP
> system IT tells me to replace and on another older Windows 7 32
> system, CYGWIN could access all drives. What am I missing in the
> install that enables access to those drives?

Based on the information you've provided so far, there's no reason to expect that Cygwin is your issue.  Can you access the shares from Windows?
If so, please read and follow the problem reporting guidelines found at the link below.

With this information, it may be possible for someone on the list to identify why you are seeing this issue with Cygwin.

--
Larry

Tsk, Tsk.  Such arrogance.  Of course the shares are visible in WINDOWS.

For cygwin-x specifically--

In the terminal window started up with /bin/startxwin.exe

RM3@McBroomRC4 /cygdrive
$ ls -l
total 32
drwxrwxrw-+ 1 Administrators Domain Users 0 Mar 22 12:21 c

RM3@McBroomRC4 /cygdrive
$ net use \\\\mcbroomrc2\e
Error: Current working directory is a virtual Cygwin directory which does
not exist for a native Windows application.
Can't start native Windows application from here.

bash: /cygdrive/c/Windows/system32/net: Not a directory

Dropping back to the startup window from CYGWIN.BAT the net use command works successfully

RM3@McBroomRC4 ~
$ net use \\\\mcbroomrc2\\e
The command completed successfully.

RM3@McBroomRC4 ~
$ net use \\\\mcbroomrc2\\mcrc2
The command completed successfully.

RM3@McBroomRC4 ~
$ net use
New connections will be remembered.

Status       Local     Remote                    Network

Unavailable  T:        \\Mcbroomrc2\e            Microsoft Windows Network
Unavailable  U:        \\oro-fbbe-fs1nts\rm3     Microsoft Windows Network
Unavailable  W:        \\Mcbroomrc2\mcrc2        Microsoft Windows Network
OK                     \\mcbroomrc2\e            Microsoft Windows Network
OK                     \\mcbroomrc2\mcrc2        Microsoft Windows Network
The command completed successfully.

RM3@McBroomRC4 ~
$ OS has icon alpha channel support: yes
net use \\\oro-fbbe-fs1nts\\rm3
System error 67 has occurred.

The network name cannot be found.

RM3@McBroomRC4 ~
$ ls -l //mcbroomrc2/e
total 364
d---------+ 1 Administrators Domain Users      0 Nov 13 09:42 $RECYCLE.BIN
-rwxrwxrwx+ 1 Administrators Domain Users     35 Jul 29  2010 Autorun.inf
drwxrwxrwx+ 1 Administrators Domain Users      0 Nov 13 15:09 Criticality
drwxrwxrwx+ 1 Administrators Domain Users      0 Feb 25 10:04 Downloads
drwxrwxrwx+ 1 Administrators Domain Users      0 Mar 19 16:37 exper
dr-xr-x---+ 1 Administrators Domain Users      0 Feb 25 11:48 hdrive
drwxrwxrwx+ 1 Administrators Domain Users      0 Nov 13 12:39 isotope