Nedit bugs: paste and server crash

[Apologies if this is a duplicate post. The first one did not come back through the mailing
list, even though a reply to it did.]

Hi,

I am using Cygwin/X Xserver with nedit from a remote client. Most of the time it works but there are 3 bugs that have been getting on my nerves enough so that I now want to track them down. Is there a prepackaged debug version of the X11 server that I can load (for the 3rd problem below)? I don't want to have to assemble a
complete build environment for cygwin just for this one problem?

These are the three problems with this configuration:

1. Cut from a windows application, paste into a nedit window. Works 99.8% of the time - until it doesn't. This one is likely going to be horrible to figure out since it only shows up intermittently. Once it goes bad it locks up nedit (does not respond to mouse or keyboard input) for seconds to minutes, and then it "comes alive" again. Once this happens subsequent pastes also tend to lock. The only way to completely clear this situation seems to be to shut down nedit and X11, then restart X11 and then nedit. Very inconvenient.
This message appears on the terminal that started nedit:

XmClipboardInquireLength() failed: clipboard locked.

I have never seen a similar paste error when using Nedit on the console of remote workstation. Due to the length of time it takes to appear, that may be just a statistical effect, since I never work there for 4 hours at a time, as I do normally with Cygwin X11 and the remote nedit. It is my impression that one factor that helps to trigger this bug is when the "cut" paste remains highlighted in the original windows application - but it is inconvenient to do "select text", "cut", "deselect text" then "paste", as the 3rd step is not
normally required.

2. In long editing sessions (hours) draw errors tend to accumulate in nedit. For instance, the "save as" dialog will come up with none of the buttons (like save!) visible. Other times divots will appear on parts of the screen outside of the text editing region, and/or parts of the pull down menu list will disappear. Possibly related to the preceding bug since, again, it only shows up intermittently and after
long periods.

3. The X11 server will crash, taking all sessions from various machines, with nedit or not, with it. I do not recall the log file containing anything
useful, for instance, a backtrace from the point of the crash.

Details:

Cygwin/X Xserver package version 1.11.1-1 built 2011-10-05

Nedit from Ubuntu 12.04.1 LTS.  That nedit package is:

1:5.6~cvs20081118-7

and ldd shows that it is linked ot /usr/lib/libXm.so.2 which is
the one from lesstif2 (1:0.95.2-1), even though libmotif4 (2.3.3-5ubuntu) is
installed (so libXm.so.4 is present as well).

Connection is over ssh using putty.

Thanks,

David Mathog
mathog@caltech.edu