xterm title setting breaks when upgrading from 32-bit to 64-bit cygwin

I recently upgraded from the 32-bit to the 64-bit build of Cygwin
1.7.22 on Windows 8 x64. For the most part, everything works
identically (except faster!). But I have noticed one problem: xterm no
longer seems to respond to the magic escape codes that change its
title. My shell uses this to update the title to reflect the current
hostname and working directory, but after the upgrade all my xterms
just have the same title: "tcsh".

I haven't seen any mention of this bug on the mailing lists. Is anyone
else experiencing this problem?