Re: Updated: XtoW, a native compositing window manager (experimental)

On 20/08/2013 21:01, Jim Reisert AD1C wrote:
>> * A startxtow script is provided, which writes a suitable xorg.conf, starts
>> the X server, XtoW, xwinclip and a transparent urxvt.  This script is intended
>> to be temporary, to be replaced by something better later on...
>
> Once the window manager is running, how do I create new windows?  In
> X, there's an X icon in the system tray I can right-click.

There's nothing to do that for you at the moment, so you will just have to
start the applications from the command line, ensuring DISPLAY is set
appropriately.

Haven't really got around to thinking about what might be used as a separate
launcher/panel application or how it might integrate with startmenu links.

--
Jon TURNEY
Volunteer Cygwin/X X Server maintainer