Re: problems running Cygwin/x

On 21/09/2014 17:56, t s wrote:
I successfully installed Cygwin/x on an NTFS drive

unfortunately the menu items are limited to;

one item for Cygwin (cygwin64 terminal)
five items for cygwinx (GNOME openbox, KDE openbox, openbox, xlaunch, xwin server)

if I try GNOME Openbox, or KDE Openbox, or Openbox; it appears to
start, but I cannot run xclock and there is no X server icon in the
lower right icon panel
[...]
essentially I want to be sure Cygwin/x has installed
correctly; particularly the three Openbox options do not seem to do
anything; should they be bringing up some sort of GNOME or KDE
desktop?

It seems that the open start menu links don't work correctly anymore.

It seems that shortcut targets like 'C:\cygwin64\bin\run.exe /usr/bin/bash.exe -l -c "/usr/bin/startx /usr/bin/openbox-session"' need the new --quote option in run-1.3.3 to work correctly.

Thanks for drawing this problem to my attention.

--
Jon TURNEY
Volunteer Cygwin/X X Server maintainer