Mingw32 setup with b17.1 question

Hi,
I've been unable to get mingw32 to work with b17.1, and I suspect that
it's either my environment variables or directory structure.  I'd
appreciate a dump of the environment and dirs from someone who has it
working and any other tips or pointers.

Also, I missed the earlier discussion on how to get small exes. The
standard "Hello World" program comes out at 200k+ when I use the default
settings for gnu-win32.  So, if someone could let me know what switches to
use etc, that would also be appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
Jim

-