Re: Cygnus Cygwin32 Press Release 1/21/97

Stan Shebs <shebs@cygnus.com> writes:

> The truth is that we've already heard from a number of prospects
> asking about license terms - they don't have a problem with the
> concept, since they work with a multitude of licenses every single
> day, and they just want to know the price.  In the larger markets that
> are now adopting cygwin32, it's actually *easier* to sell licenses
> than to explain the GPL or LGPL over and over again.  Kind of ironic...

Then it shouldn't hurt to put cygwin.dll under the LGPL as well as still
selling commercial licenses. Then everybody is happy.

-GSM (an appreciative and respectful user of cygwin32)

ps. what are the terms for the license?

--
 G. S. Marzot <gmarzot@baynetworks.com>   Network Management Development
 Bay Networks Inc.                        (508)670-8888 x63990