Re: PLEASE HELP! Looking for dir.h

> I haven't used GNU-Win32 since Beta 4. I just downloaded the newest
> release and have forgotten a few things about the environment. Here are
> a couple questions:
>
> 1.) How do I compile libraries needed such as stdc++ to access such
> header files as iostream.h in the libraries or DLLs at compile time?

Hmm..Can't you just '#include <iostream.h>' ?  If that doesn't work, it
means that your libraries aren't installed.  Did you follow the
directions as per the README?  just 'tar zxf' the all.tar.gz file under a
directory such as c:\cygnus.  If you want to use the tar and gunzip
provided with the GNU-Win32 Tools, then you'll need to download the
cygwin.dll into c:\cygnus.  You don't need GNU Tar, mind you, you can use
any tar/gzipper.  All these instructions are given in the readme.

> 2.) I am trying to compile an application that uses the linux sys/dir.h
> header, does anyone know if it is included in the Cygnus package? If so
> which library or DLL and how can I include/access it at compilation
> time?

Use <dirent.h>.

> 3.) I have been on the GNU Win32 mailing list for almost a year and I
> can't remember the Web address for the HyperMail - so I can view/get the
> most up to date mail and reference archives for future help (Could
> somebody forward it to me?:).

the archive is webified...Check out the Cygnus home page at www.cygnus.com.

|  Sankalp Acharya  |
| sacharya@uiuc.edu |