Re: String.h vs string.h question

I was asked:

> So is mount -m reenabled, or what?
>
> Is that the String.h string.h fix, and if so so we need to reinstall to use
> it?
>
> Confused.

The header files fix in b18 has nothing to do with mount -m.  I am making
use of a gcc internal mechanism that allows you to create a mapping between
header file names.

String.h is really _string.h in the release.  I added a mapping in a
file called header.gcc which tells gcc that any references to String.h
really mean _string.h.  Similar conflicts are handled in the same way.

Although this is what's happening inside the compiler, everyone should
continue to #include the standard names.  (The internal mapping should
stay internal).

--
Geoffrey Noer
noer@cygnus.com