Re: Browsing UN*X manual pages

"Dr Francis J. Wright" <F.J.Wright@qmw.ac.uk> writes:

> A preliminary version of an Emacs Lisp library currently called
> `woman.el' is available in the directory
>
> http://www.maths.qmw.ac.uk/~fjw/public_emacs/

> If you make any serious use of this code then please let me know what
> you think of it, especially which bits don't work!
>
> Have fun.  Francis

It seems to work quite well with several man pages that came with
gnuwin32/b18. I've spliced in the C-h keymap as

	(global-set-key [(control h) ?u] 'woman)

Up to now, I had no tool to read these man pages. This seems odd
though, cygnus provides all these pages but no means to read
them. I guess somebody will point me to the man page viewer I didn't
know of.

Anyhow, I'm glad to be able to read these pages now. I must confess
that I do not know enough of the input format to be able to define
whether we're dealing with "... idiosyncratic files that `break the
rules' or use ?roff requests directly... " rather than a problem with
woman.el

g-;

-