RE: B18 & Configure Scripts

David Coe wrote:

>   cygwin: Cygwin32: Catastrophic fail - unable to create pinfo-mutex
>
>   Not updating unwritable cache .././config.cache
>
> The first doesn't seem to affect the outcome of the build and leaves no
> trace on config.log. The second has the obvious affect in having to
> reevaluate the cache contents as one passes through each of the build
> directories - my guess is that config.cache is not being closed (or is
> not yet closed) by the preceding call.

You are using windows NT and you are member of "Administrators" group. It's
NT's (mis)feature - in this case the owner of file is "Administrators", but
not you! This fools bash to check file's write permissions properly
(getuid() returns yours, but not "Administrators" uid). Chown config.cache
"you login name". Or remove youself from "administrators" group.

--
Sergey Okhapkin
Moscow, Russia

-