Re: ncurses/termcap, just won't clear the screen?

In message <01BC65ED.28765730@gater.krystalbank.msk.ru>, you write:
> Geoffrey Noer wrote:
>
> > With the new /etc/termcap from b18, I do an "export TERM=linux"
> > in bash, and then hit a control-l to clear.
> >
> > Under Windows NT, the right thing happens.  Under Windows 95, however
> > I see the behavior kunglao@prairienet.org reports where the
> > prompt is moved but the old text doesn't get erased.
> >

> ScrollConsoleScreenBuffer() on Windows95 fails to scroll more than half of sc
> reen... I'm trying to find a workaround :-(

There's another problem, this one on NT.  When it clears the screen it
sets the background to black, whether or not you've got that color as
your chosen background (a DOS window in NT can have many different colors
of text and background).  Minor, but annoying.

Michael Condict
-