X11 and B18

Hi!

Looking into body of X11 dlls compiled on NT and W95, I see one difference
- arrays of zeroes in NT compiled dll and random bytes in the same place in
W95 compiled dlls... Is it the cause of troubles with X11 dlls compiled on
95?

It seems to me it's because of difference in handling file seeks on NT and
W95:

#include <stdio.h>
#include <fcntl.h>

main()
{
	int i=1;
	int fd;

	fd=open("test", O_WRONLY | O_CREAT | O_BINARY, 0666);
	write(fd, &i, 1);
	lseek(fd, 0x2b7, SEEK_SET);
	i++;
	write(fd, &i, 1);
	lseek(fd, 0x400, SEEK_SET);
	i++;
	write(fd, &i, 1);
}

When running this program on NT, output file contains all zeroes and bytes
1, 2 and 3 in desired file positions. But when running on W95, file
contains garbage and desired bytes in desired positions.

Geoffrey, probably there is a bug in bfd or ld - they make a seek to fill a
portion of a file with zeroes, this seeks results in zeroes on unixes and
NT, but in random contents on W95!

--
Sergey Okhapkin
Moscow, Russia