Re: man under NT ???

> > Does anyone knows if there exists a unix man command that runs under
winNT
> > 4.0 ??
>
> I use the following script for 'man':
> ---------- cut here -------------------
> #!/bin/sh
> typeset -x PATH="$PATH:/usr/local/bin/groff"
> MANDIR="/usr/local/man /usr/man /d/Apps/gnuwin32/b18/man"
> for md in $MANDIR; do
>   files=`echo $md/man*/$*.*`
>   if [ -e "$files" ] ; then
>     nroff -man $files | less 2>/dev/null
>   else
>     echo $md: $*: not found
>   fi
> done
> ---------- cut here -------------------
> Richard Schulte               Idea Development Incorporated
> http://ideadev.com/Richard

Thank you Richard for that script but my problem is that I don't have groff
or nroff working for NT4.0. I've compiled without problems groff-1.10 but I
could not install it under NT4.0 and I also had problems when running it
when the application looks for devices since gnu-win32 b18 didn't create any
devices when I was installing it. Do you know where I can find a precompiled
version of groff ???

Thank you in advanced..

Stratos :-)
System Administrator & Software Engineer at DNNet