Re: EXE has file junk in it

Jason L. Esman aka _Jman wrote:
>Using a hex editor I see this too. If you hex edit a file compiled with
>gnuwin32 it shows files from other dir in it. This has happened on both
>NT/Win95. It goes so far as getting a copy of my users an .pwd files. I
>see it as a security risk an advise not compiling any file with gnuwin32
>that has sensitive matter on your hd...

Thank you for confirming this; I thought I might be
going mad! I also double-checked to make sure that
it wasn't just the file system making it *look*
like another file from your harddrive is in that
EXE. I got my friend to look at the EXE on his
computer, and he saw the same file from MY computer!

Hey, this is a serious problem!  :/

Bill Klein <bk@cheerful.com> - http://bk.base.org/

"Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence."
                                        -David Hume
-