Re: Patch spamming

With your two weeks of reading this list, I'm sure that you feel
qualified to comment upon, or even MODERATE the behavior of the people
who have been participating in gnu-win32 development for the last
several years.

and Geoff Noer said "as for patches for winsup/ keep them coming"

See I can quote out of context too!

On Thu, 5 Jun 1997 15:59:45 -0400, you wrote:

>On  4 Jun 97 at 18:28, Mikey wrote:
>
>> FYI spam is an UNSOLICITED OFF TOPIC ADVERTISEMENT, I hardly think
>> fixes for cygwin32 are off topic...
>
>The published topic of this list is "discussion."  If Cygnus wants to
>expand "discussion" to include patches, fine, it is certainly their
>prerogative.  However, absent that, what you or I think this list should be
>is irrelevant.

Then why are you trying to discourage the people who are actually
making contributions, by telling them that they have no testing ground
for their work?

If you're not part of the Solution, You're part of the problem.

Neither I nor anyone else here cares what You think, and I'm sure they
don't care what I think either, but the established practice on this
list, is that people who have developed fixes for problems, especially
to the cygwin.dll post them to the list.

You need to spend some time reading the posts on
news.announce.newusers, with special attention to Emily Postnews.

BTW I will not be replying to any further posts from you as you are
going in my .kill file, I can't stand control freaks.