Re: Problem with stdout BINARY

At 11:29 AM 6/11/97 +0100, you wrote:
>Hi everybody,
>
>Trying to write gif file in stdout with 'putchar'. b18 seems to add a CRNL
>every CR he
>founds in the file.

You know it's one of life's great mysteries.  stdxxx used to be opened in
binary mode and then someone changed it.   It seems to me that it's got
to be trivial to switch it back.  The reason for changing it is unknown
to me.  Since they've changed it to TEXT mode you can't even execute:

gzip -dc abc.tar.gz |tar xvf -

anymore.  I don't have time to find and fix the problem for my own use
and this is the only reason I don't use gnu-win32.

--blake

--
Download source code to my Dynace Object
Oriented Extension to C from:

-