Re: ncftp

On Tue, 24 Jun 1997 18:36:56 -0700 (PDT), Hmmmz wrote:

>On Tue, 24 Jun 1997, [ISO-8859-1] Mika Lvf wrote:
>
>> Has anyone successfully compiled ncftp?
>> Or, can I find ncftp for DOS/Win somewhere else?
>>
>> "The only stupid question is the unasked one"
>
>ncftp compiles with only like one modification, and tmk there aren't any
>native DOS/Win ports.  However I'll put up a copy linked against ncurses
>on my web page in a few hours.
>
>- alex

There is indeed a win32 natvie port of ncFTP available at the Virtual Unix pages.  It is
remarkably stable and has been slightly modified to better work in the Win32
environment.  It is not part of the development stream, however it is relatively current
and takes advantage of the win32 console by placing progress figures in the title bar
and therefore the taskbar

Andy

-