Re: Maintaining the beta 17.1 (LGPL-ed) tools

Bruce wrote:
> Are you sure? That contradicts this:
>
> From: Jim Pick <jim@jimpick.com>
> > I just checked the source for Beta 17.1 (the source code is already
> > on the bo and hamm CD's) - and all of the code in the "winsup"
> > directory is declared "public domain".

He's correct.  Beta 17 is GPL'd - but the comments in the source
code weren't updated to reflect that.  The cdk/winsup/doc/copy.texinfo
does say that it is GPL'd though.

So I guess we'd have to start at Beta 16.

It's probably a better move to start from scratch, using glibc
(writing a sysdeps layer) instead of newlib/winsup.  We could use code
from Beta 16 and before, and from other sources.  Of course, we're
going to need some good Unix hackers with some free time on their
hands too.

Sorry for spreading around mis-information....

Cheers,

 - Jim

PGP signature