Visual C++ build

This is something you guys probably don't do a lot of anymore, but is it
possible to rebuild the entire system using VC++ instead of the included
GCC?  Is this easier or harder than I expect?  (For reference, I expect a
real PIA...)

Thanks,

 Kyle R. Rose                              | Cornell University, Class of '98
 Email: krr2@cornell.edu                   |   Department of Computer Science
 http://www.people.cornell.edu/pages/krr2/ |        Department of Mathematics