Re: Debugging info for commercial linkers?

While porting gdb to OpenNT, we've discovered that the MS compilers and
gcc generate local variable debug information differently; that is, even
if you tell MSVC to generate COFF-compatible debug information, it still
outputs debug information for local vars in non-COFF form. It seems
likely that your PharLap linker is expecting MS-form debug data and
isn't finding it in a gcc-generated .o file.

Alpha-test versions of gcc and g++ for OpenNT are available from
http://www.opennt.com in the tools warehouse (under Support). As soon as
we're confident we did the port right, the source code diffs will be
made available there as well. Of interest: our port of gcc/g++ correctly
generates code for NT on DEC Alpha hardware.

Jason

-