Re: Has anyone attempted to port Apache?

On Sat, 30 Aug 1997, IGnatius T Foobar wrote:

> Has anyone attempted to port the Apache webserver to the GNU-Win32
> environment?  One would assume that it would be a _much_ nicer option than
> Micro$oft's IIS.

Apache 1.3 has their own official port to WinNT and 95.  From what I hear,
it compiles and runs rather nicely.  Instead of forking off additional
services like the UNIX version, I understand that it actually operates as
a multithreaded single server process.

Their version comes as Microsoft Visual C++ 5.0 projects, however.  This
means, among other things, that it doesn't need the cygnus winsup DLL to
run.  It also means to compile the source code, you need MS VC++...

Take a look at http://www.apache.org and read up on Apache 1.3... :)

| Jeremy Blackman       | NeonMuck coder/maintainer - Multimedia MU*!       |
| loki@maison-otaku.net | http://www.maison-otaku.net/neon                  |