RE: Linking with ORACLE Pro*C/C++ Libraries on NT

If you are interested, I finally got this to work a couple of days ago. So here it is.

g++ -o program.exe main.o object1.o -L{library paths} -lmylib1 ... -lg++ -lstdc++ -lcygwin -lsqllib80

Note that during my previous compilations, all I was doing was

g++ ... -lg++ -lsqllib80

The trick is that you MUST link with libstdc++ and libcygwin (in that order)  before the 'foreign' libraries.  The reason appears to be that, unless your linking order is different, the sqllib80.a library forces cygwin.dll to relocate due to collision during dynamic library loading (although I might be wrong here). I do not know whether this will work with 'any' non-cygwin32 dll or library, but I think it will.

        Thank you to all of you who replied to my message and especially to Colin Peters for his invaluable support (his was the idea about the relocatable cygwin dll).