General Users unabel to execute exe

Hello every one!!

I have a telnet server running and several developers
telneting into a nt workstation.....

can some please tell me why users in the group "users"
and "power users" or even "everyone" cannot execute any of
the gnu tools like ls gcc gdb.... only the people in the
"administrators" group can execute these programs...

I am usning NTFS and have set the permissions on the entire
GNU directory to be read,executed and changed by "everyone"

please help

thank you
-