Pipeline problems under coolview 970907

Environment: WinNT 4.0(SP3), Cygwin32 b18, coolview.tar.gz dated 970907,
all filesystems mounted in binary mode.

.bashrc runs on bash startup, but /etc/profile and .bash_profile only run
if called from.bashrc.  I use /etc/profile to convert MSDOS format
environment variables to UNIX format.

When I try to use a pipe on the command line, it appears to die when the
source command terminates.

This pipeline sometimes (not always unfortunately) writes nothing to the
screen.

   env | sort

When it doesn't, it normally will after running the following command
line.

   env > /dev/null                          # or any other file

This pipeline normally stops about halfway through the file list:

   cd /WinNT/system32
   ll *.dll | less

This pipeline normally stops after displaying no lines.  It also gets a
complaint (ls: pagefile.sys: Permission denied) to STDERR.

   cd /
   ll | less

I think these are related to the pipeline problems that surfaced in the
970810 coolview.  They were addressed by the 970907 coolview, but appear
to still be present.

Thanks,
Mac :})

-