Re: pathname conversion

In article <342B3821.36B3@switch.rockwell.com>,
banders  <banders@ECD.Rockwell.COM> wrote:
>Chris Faylor wrote:
>> In article <01BCC99A.B46B51D0@gater.krystalbank.msk.ru>,
>> Sergey Okhapkin  <sos@prospect.com.ru> wrote:
>>>
>>>I can't understand the discussion about pthnames at all...  Gnu-win32
>>>tools allows to use both unix and win32 name conventions:
>>>
>>>H:\>ls -l h:\site total 1110 -rwxrwxrwx 1 Administ Domain A 320512 Jul
>>>05 00:00 bash.exe
>>[snip]
>>
>>I think that the main complaint is that this won't work under bash.
>>And, something like:
>>
>>         write /etc/passwd
>
>Doesn't seem to be a problem with the cygwin stuff since this was
>written by some non gnuwin32 developer.  So you could patch write to
>use the path conversion utilities (everybody patches executables, don't
>they?).

Ok.  I've patched my version and it seems to work pretty well.

Here are the commands I used:

	bash
	cp /usr/local/bin/vim.exe /winnt35/system32/WRITE.EXE

Now I can edit files with WRITE using unix style filenames and commands!
--
http://www.bbc.com/	cgf@bbc.com			"Strange how unreal
VMS=>UNIX Solutions	Boston Business Computing	 the real can be."