Re: Make & Bash bugs/questions

On Wed, 22 Oct 1997, Brendan Simon wrote:

> A couple of questions about the GNU-Win Make & Bash.
>
> I've just managed to compile the V GUI but encounterd a few problems
> with Make.
> Make complained about not being able to find the dependency target
> v_defs.h.
> This file definately exists in a directory where VPATH points to yet
> Make could
> not find it.

This is a bug in V's makefiles, especially in makefiles generated by the
appgen tool.  appgen appends v_defs.h, without the proper leading path,
as a dependent file to almost all target entries in the makefile.

You can either remove the references to v_defs.h, or edit it to give the
proper path by editing it to $(VPATH)/v_defs.h

In truth, there's nothing special about v_defs.h that calls for it to be
singled out in the makefile when all of the other V *.h files are being
ignored.

Steve Zeil
Old Dominion University

-