Need help setting this thing up!?

I got everything installed but I can't find any documentation on what to

do now! The environment variables are set through the NT 4 control
panel. If I try to run bash.exe or any of the programs in the bin I get
an infinite loop of errors. Something like :
(unknown error) Error in dumping state in cygwin_something_handler
(probably corrupted stack)
I get this about a million or so odd times. I am rearranging my
directory structure to c:\usr\home but do I need to log in or something?

How do I even get bash running. I got some guys .bashrc file but that
won't do any good till I log in. Any help on the setup of this package
would greatly be appreciated.

Thanks,
Mark Sears
mark@multimedia-works.com