Re: Problem with getenv("HOME")/sprintf

As quite a few people pointed out, getenv is not the culprit.
sprintf(x,"%s",NULL) puts the string "(null)" into the destination
string and is the routine to "blame" for the behaviour.

I am sorry for the confusion, I was analyzing a problem with pd-software
from somebody else and tracked the problem down to the above cause.

Wolfgang

P.S.: Yesterday was really a very bad day for me - at least 5 different
things going on at the same time and 3 things (including this one) went
wrong. I hope this doesn't repeat often ;-}
--
Wolfgang Stuerzlinger
Dept. of Computer Science, UNC, Chapel Hill, NC 27599-3175

-