newbee problems

I think the bigest thing I'm having trouble with is finding information
on how to set-up my directory structure and PATH.

Neither GNU or OpenGL explain these basics clearly for themselves let
alone how it should be set up with the two of them together.

Please help me if you can.

Thank you
Don Casteel
-