co-existance on cygwin32 and uwin

I have been using cygwin32 for a few weeks now and am making progress slowly. I
wished to try the uwin system and installed it.

Both systems work - both have plus and minus points. One thing is causing me a
problem - once uwin was installed my gnu system stopped working until I changed the uwin /usr directory name. What appears to happen is that gcc picks up the
/usr/include/x.? files. I dont understand why. I dont have this in any env.
variable or in any spec file. I think it only finds the uwin include if it cant
find one in the cygwin tree.

Any ideas what is going on?

Kevin
-