COOLVIEW strncat problem again

Hi all !

I posted this message one week ago, but did not receive any answer. So here
it is again:

Obviously, the behavior of strncat with coolview (29/10/97 and later) has
changed in a very strange way.
It seems to me that something with the termination of the resulting string
goes wrong. In particular, if the first string given to strncat is empty,
then the result is more or less garbage.

Any ideas welcome,
Axel