execution speed depends on $PATH

Hi!

I've experienced a problem with PATH elements of the following form:
Z:.
These are a result of "map s16:=.my_server_sys.edv.sat1:public"(Novell).
On startup of gnu-win32 'Z:.' is expanded to '//Z.' which is obviously
wrong. After that, the search for executables gets very slow (I think
the search engine tries to locate a server named 'Z', and runs until
timeout). The effect becomes most obvious, when an executable has been
misspelled ('la' instead of 'ls' from the command shell). Are there any
patches dealing with this problem out there? Are there any work-arounds?

	CU, Matthias
--
	Matthias Morche (mailto:morche@sat1.de)
		SAT.1 (http://www.sat1.de)