Re: Question about bash and case sensitive exports

I got a hint that a possible DOS compatibility fix in cygwin.dll is the
cause for my problem. Am I the only one experiencing problems because of
this minor (POSIX?) incompatibility?
Does lower-case variable names in the DOS environment break existing DOS
programs? I'm not very happy with a situation were ancient DOS
restrictions is overruling compatibility with an environment which
cygwin32 are suppose to emulate in an as seamless as possible manner
(i.e. Unix).

I might look deeper into a possible solution. A good compromise seem to
be if compatibility with both environments could be uphold. I have an
idea of keeping record of non-DOS variables separately and provide them
when asked for by programs linked with cygwin.dll.

Is this something the gnu-win32 community want to have fixed?

Tomas
-