wind river and cygnus - what is the relationship?

I have been looking at the gnu port to NT for some time and have installed the s/w
and am trying hard to use it.

I am a user of the Wind River VxWorks hosted on a SPARC/Solaris box.
I recently obtained an NT hosted version of the VxWorks  and think that there may be
some potential incompatibility with the gnu95 system. It appears that there is a
cygwin.dll shipped with the VxWorks system - I presume for running the gnu
tool chain. It is dated June 96 so I guess it is old BUT it appears to have
extra functionality - mmap appears to be there.

Any ideas most welcome

Kevin

-